Saturday, April 10, 2010

Theives of the Night

Im sitting here peacefully, listening to one of my newest and favorite bands. Theives Like Us, is a really cool indie band with some catchy lyrics, and a cool electronic beat to most of their songs. I love indie music, Matt and Kim, Passion Pit, Miike Snow, and The Teenagers are just some in my Ipod. I also like hiphop and artists like Kid Cudi, Chip The Ripper, Lupe Fiasco, etc. I just love how music in general seems to be THE soul source of emotion for the world. I mean sometimes music makes us realize the current emotional state we are in. It can play on our deepest insecurities and problems with the world, or it can dust us off and make us feel invincible.

My Suggestions:
Theives Like Us: Your heart feels
Matt & Kim: Lessons Learned, Daylight, and Lightspeed
Walking On A Dream: Empire of the Sun
Miike Snow: Burial, Song for No one, Silvia
Phoenix: Lisztomania
Theophilus London: Humdrum Town, Departure
Passion Pit: The reeling, Seaweed Song (pretty much their whole album)
Lady Gaga: Monster
Kid Cudi: That girl
Chip the Ripper: The Cleveland Show Mixtape

No comments:

Post a Comment