Monday, April 12, 2010

From the Ground Up

My clothing line The Mighty Ones has been my dream for quite some time. The style of it is like the streetwear brands of today like mishka, supreme, the hundreds, and 10 deep. Alot of my inspiration comes from these brands, but I want it to be MY brand, not an imitation. I just use the inspiration they give me as sort of a foundation to build upon. The logos for my brand have taken me a while to think of. My main logo will probably be the Russian sickle and hammer with the hammer replaced by a lightningbolt. My other logos sort of come from the actual name The Mighty Ones. I played around with the name, like I think of strength, so my other logos are either going to be a 2 Muscular arms (in the making a muscle position) crossed. However, I might drop that for my other logo, which is an anchor (this stems from the cartoons muscle men with the anchor tatoo) by its self or with a ribbon across the bottom like the dollar bill that says The Mighty Ones (possibly in another language). I am still thinking of one so none of these are official. Once I get my official logos, then I can start making my clothes. I will probably do shirts first since it is the easiest thing. I have seen how hard it is making denim from the show How To Make It in America (I highly recommend it). I need to figure out how I get that started.

No comments:

Post a Comment